||The Christ Hospital Physicians-Urology
Over 87 percent of urology patients in Greater Cincinnati are cared for by John Benedict, MD, Stephen Bennett, MD, Justin Cox, MD, Reed Shank, MD, and Gil Weizer, MD, of The Christ Hospital Physicians-Urology. Urology specialists of The Christ Hospital Physicians-Urology bring patients state-of-the-art services, such as:
- Lithotripsy, a non-invasive technique that allows shock waves to break up kidney stones.
- The Christ Hospital Center for Pelvic Floor Disorders to care for the four main categories of pelvic floor disorders: bowel and bladder incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse (when the organs of the pelvis fall out of place), pelvic pain and female sexual dysfunction. The pelvic floor is a network of muscles, ligaments, and tissues that act like a hammock to support the organs of the pelvis: the uterus, vagina, bladder, urethra, and rectum. If the muscles become weak or the ligaments or tissues are stretched or damaged, the pelvic organs or small intestine may drop down or abnormally protrude.
- A urodynamic lab to evaluate the function of the lower urinary tract (bladder and urethra) for diagnosing problems of urinary incontinence (leakage), urinary retention (inability to urinate) or frequency and urgency of urination.
- Up-to-date urologic cancer treatments.
- Percutaneous and laparoscopic cryoblation of renal tumors, a minimally invasive treatment of renal cancers.
- Brachytherapy, minimally invasive radiation therapy that implants low or high dose radiation in the prostate for people with prostate cancer.
- Prostiva and holmium laser ablation (HoLAP) and conventioval treatments, such as transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), for treatment of prostate enlargement. Each procedure either removes or shrinks extra prostate tissue to ease pressure on the urethra (the tube urine passes through as it leaves your body).
- Vasectomies, a minor surgical procedure where the male vas deferens are detached, and then tied/sealed to prevent sperm from entering the seminal stream.
- Male and female incontinence surgery and treatments.
- Robotic-assisted surgery for many urologic disorders.
You must have a referral from a primary care physician to take advantage of the services offered by The Christ Hospital Physicians-Urology. All specialists are currently accepting new patients. You or your doctor can schedule an appointment.
We have three convenient locations in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Click here to find a location near you.
| Learn more about prostate cancer and High Dose Rate (HDR) Radiation by watching this video.
Brian Mannion, MD; Reed Shank, MD; Rodney Geier, MD