"A child is the greatest poem ever known."
Christopher Morley, 1921
Learn about our labor and delivery unit, postpartum area, special care nursery and discharge planning. Find contact information for pre-registration and get answers to some of our most frequently asked questions!
In order to protect our newborns and their mothers during flu season, visitor restrictions are in effect at The Christ Hospital for Labor & Delivery (9 West), Special Care Nursery (9 North), 8 South and 9 South. These restrictions will remain in place until further notice.
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted, with the exception of the newborn’s siblings. Please limit other visitors to immediate family.
- The newborn’s siblings must be free of fever, cough, colds, sore throat, rash or stomach virus symptoms, such as vomiting and diarrhea.
About the Birthing Center
No matter how your family chooses to express the wonder and joy of parenthood, you deserve a unique birth experience created by your own expectations and lifestyle.
Through the addition of relaxing, holistic treatments to care for the mother and state-of-the-art technology to care for the baby, The Christ Hospital Birthing Center has expanded upon its tradition of high-quality maternity services and offers customized childbirth care.
Mothers can benefit from services and amenities such as:
- Gentle C-Section
- See video with local reporter Liz Bonis
- Feng shui birthing suites
- A hydrotherapy suite
- Interactive television system with on-demand movies, educational channels and Internet access
Interactive television system with on-demand movies, educational channels and Internet access
- Room-service style nutrition services
- Onsite concierge services
- Multi-jet showers standard in all rooms
- Newly decorated postpartum rooms with relaxing design
- Expanded Level II Special Care Nursery
- A new triage area for evaluation
- Comprehensive breastfeeding support - NEW! Outpatient lactation consultation and Expressions & More breastfeeding supply store!
In addition to these renovations, the Birthing Center continues to offer all-private birthing suites, elegant décor, a comfortable Family Unit and a caring, knowledgeable physicians, and staff with an average of 20 years of experience. And has been awarded the 2013-14 Women's Choice Award in obstetrics by Women's Certified as one of the top 100 hospitals in the United States for mothers and babies.
At The Christ Hospital Birthing Center, we invite you to imagine the possibilities of a birth experience that is exclusively yours. For more information on our childbirth services, classes, physicians or to schedule a tour of the center, please call 513-585-HUGS.
Learn more about the Birthing Center from our medical director!
To pre-register for your delivery, please call 513-585-0700. Pre-registering makes the admitting process run much smoother. It also allows us to provide services faster, such as pain medication, because we already have the information we need. Billing is less complicated when you pre-register, too! When you call, we will request the following information:
- Due Date
- OB physician
- Insurance provider and number
Our childbirth education classes are designed with the needs of you and your family in mind. For first-time parents or for those who just need a refresher, we offer a variety of classes at convenient times to suit every family. Our certified childbirth educators provide real-life instruction in a comfortable, casual environment. Classes include:
- Lamaze (one-day or six-week series)
- Lamaze Refresher/VBAC
- Curious Couples Tour
- Baby Care Basics
- Baby Care Basics for Adoptive Parents
- Sibling Class
See our 2015 schedule of childbirth education classes, pricing and packages. For more information or to register for a class, please call 513.585.HUGS.
- Find portraits of newborns born at Christ Hospital
- Connect with other expectant moms
- Find great pregnancy and baby tips