Staying healthy can be tough during the holiday season. Wow your friends with this seasonal roasted vegetable side dish that's as beautiful as it is healthy.
- 3 pounds root vegetables and/or winter squash (beets, carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, new potatoes, etc. I purchased mine at Finn Meadows Farm and Elmwood Stock Farm), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried herb blend
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Olive oil (I purchased mine from Mt. Kofinas at Findlay Market)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Handful of chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, drizzle vegetables with a tablespoon or two of olive oil; sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper and toss to coat thoroughly. Transfer the vegetables to a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for about 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife. Squeeze lemon juice over vegetables and scatter with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- 148 calories
- 4g fat
- 20mg sodium
- 10g fiber
- 5g protein
- 19g carb