Sticking to your wellness goals is easier when you plan ahead. Stock your fridge with this easy salad in a jar, perfect for a grab-and-go healthy lunch.
Makes 1 serving
- 8—10 small cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken (I purchased mine from Luken's Poultry, Fish & Seafood at Findlay Market)
- Handful fresh green beans, trimmed to 1-inch lengths
- 3 little fingerling potatoes
- A few pitted black olives
- 3–4 leaves butter lettuce, cut into thin ribbons (I purchased mine from Finn Meadows Farm)
- 1 tbsp. vinaigrette dressing
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the green beans and fingerling potatoes: In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes; use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes to a colander to cool. To the same pot, add the green beans and cook 5 minutes; transfer to a colander and run under cold water to stop cooking. Slice the potatoes into rounds about 1/4-inch thick.
Spoon a generous tablespoon of dressing into the bottom of the jar, then layer the rest of the ingredients in this order: cherry tomatoes, shredded cooked chicken, green beans, sliced potatoes, black olives and, finally, lettuce. Season with pepper. Keep refrigerated until about 30 minutes before serving. Shake the jar to distribute the dressing.
- Calories: 347
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Sodium: 566 mg
- Carbs: 40 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 29 g