When you're considering your treatment options, having surgery is usually not your first choice. But when medicine, lifestyle changes and other non-invasive treatments don't relieve your gynecological symptoms, your doctor may recommend surgery.
That’s why at The Christ Hospital, our highly-trained team of physicians, nurses and staff developed a dedicated state-of-the-art facility just for women specializing in minimally invasive surgery for gynecologic, urologic and pelvic floor surgeries.
Using advanced treatments and the latest technology, the Women’s Surgery Center features:
- The daVinci surgical system for robotic-assisted gynecologic surgery
- An experienced team, highly skilled in both traditional and minimally invasive gynecological surgery options
- State-of-the-art monitoring and imaging equipment
- Telemedicine technology for real-time, remote consultations with pathologists
Call 513-261-8007 and speak to our Women's Health Nurse Navigator to find out more or to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
Minimally invasive surgery (MIV)
The Women's Surgery Center is the area's leader in minimally invasive surgery. MIV can be used for minor surgeries, including D&C, hysteroscopy, sterilization, endometrial ablations and laparoscopy, but also for more complex surgeries such as myomectomy, infertility, hysterectomy, advanced endometrial treatment, gynecologic oncology, incontinence and pelvic floor reconstruction.
The benefits to you are:
- A faster recovery time
- Decreased risk of infection
- Less blood loss, pain and scarring
- Less time under anesthesia and in the operating room
- Quicker return to normal activities
- Shorter hospital stay – outpatient for most minimally invasive procedures (your physician will discuss whether a minimally invasive approach is right for your condition)
Our Surgery Center treats the following conditions using minimally invasive surgery:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Infertility (inability to conceive children)
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic floor disorders including prolapse
- Uterine fibroids
Our experienced team of gynecologic surgeons
Our team includes board-certified gynecologists who specialize in both traditional gynecological surgery options as well as minimally invasive surgery with the da Vinci robotic surgery system. They use the latest guidelines and methods, offering the highest quality gynecological care. This is why U.S. News & World Report recognizes us as one of the top 50 hospitals in the nation for gynecology.
Not sure if minimally invasive surgery is right for you?
Contact our Women’s Health Nurse Navigator to discuss the right options for you. - which could include a second opinion appointment with one of our highly specialized gynecological surgeons. Simply call 513-261-8007 or fill out our confidential form.