The Christ Hospital has celebrated many firsts over the years,
including performing the first ceramic hip replacement in the U.S. in
1982. Now, we are proud to bring another first to Greater Cincinnati:
The Christ Hospital Joint & Spine Center.
center provides our valued patients even better access to care—from
physical therapy for a sports injury to the most complex spine
disorders. Families are now able to help care for their loved ones every
step of the way, closer to home.
The Joint & Spine Center features 87 private inpatient rooms, 12 operating rooms, physical, occupational and speech therapy services, interventional pain management services, advanced imaging services, electrodiagnostics, conference and education
facilities, and physician and administrative offices. To view a virtual tour of The Joint & Spine Center, please click here.
center also enhances our mission to improve the health of the community
and provide exceptional outcomes, affordable care and the finest
experiences. By dedicating a facility solely for joint and spine care,
our patients will receive the most advanced, integrated care, from
non-operative to inpatient and outpatient surgical intervention, and
We offer a wide variety of services to care for a number of conditions and injuries, including:
- Foot and Ankle Care
- Hand, Wrist and Upper Extremity Care
- Advanced Imaging and Diagnostics
- Joint Replacement
- Spine Care
- Pain Management
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sports and Active Lifestyle Orthopaedics
order to enhance patient experience, the new center features the
finest, most up-to-date, state-of-the-art technologies including:
- Digital imaging equipment
- Computer-assisted surgery devices; robotic- and navigationassisted surgery
- Surgical suites and instruments
- Card-swipe technology to securely move patients through the facility from admission to discharge
- Patient registration and follow-up appointment scheduling kiosks
- Fully- integrated electronic medical record system
- Digitized records of room numbers, appointments, etc., for easy patient care tracking
- Rehabilitation, conference and training facilities.
Learn more about Advanced Technology at the Joint & Spine Center!
PATIENT- AND FAMILY-CENTERED CARE
We believe family and friends are an important part of every patient’s healing process and as a result, our new center
is designed to be easily accessible for visitors, while also providing a total wellness and healing atmosphere. New
all private rooms with individual control of pillow top, curtains,
heating/cooling, lighting and abundant space for family member and
- Wider doorways and larger bathrooms to accommodate postsurgical and disabled patients
- Stunning views of downtown Cincinnati and beyond
- Outdoor spaces and rooftop gardens for respite and rehabilitation
- Patient care and public areas with plentiful natural light
- Patient interactive educational TV
- Personalized dining services.