Speech services of The Christ Hospital Health Network focus on adults seeking care in the hospital or in an outpatient setting for speech, language, cognitive or swallowing deficits resulting from stroke, brain tumor, neurologic disease, head and neck cancer, pulmonary or respiratory disease, or other medical conditions.
Areas of Expertise
Our specialists provide a long history of excellence in evaluation and treatment of disorders of swallowing, communication and cognition. Areas of excellence include:
- Swallow assessment and treatment (general medical/surgical, cardiac surgery, head and neck cancers)
- Neurogenic communication disorders (aphasia, dysarthria, apraxia)
- Communication disorders related to head and neck cancer
- Cognitive disorders related to neurologic disease, dementia, mild cognitive impairment from concussion and early dementia
- Community reintegration and return to work
Our speech services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of speech, language, cognitive and swallowing disorders.
- Patient, family and staff education.
All of our speech service specialists, also known as speech-language pathologists, hold a master’s degree or higher and are certified in the state(s) they provide care. Speech pathologists of The Christ Hospital Health Network include:
Kathy Justice, MA-CCC , director
Cindy DeAngelis, MA-CCC, senior speech pathologist
Kerri Bauer, MA-CCC, speech pathologist
Trisha Dockendorff, MA-CCC, speech pathologist
Andrea Malsom, MA-CCC, speech pathologist
Lindsay Irwin, MA-CCC, speech pathologist
Speech language services are available seven days per week. Regular departmental hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday as well as Saturday morning. For speech language services, call 513-585-2474. Speech pathology evaluations are typically initiated within 48 hours of referral. Treatments are scheduled according to individual treatment plan.