It's Heart Month at Cincinnati's Heart Hospital
Take a look at everything happening at The Christ Hospital for National Heart Month
Heart Health is always top of mind here at Greater Cincinnati’s Heart Hospital. But in the month of February, the nationally recognized Heart Month, we want to go above and beyond to share our knowledge and expertise with the region to spread awareness for heart disease.
Heart disease is the #1 killer of both men and women, but it is preventable. Heart Month is a time where the whole organization can rally and fight back by learning about the condition, ways you can improve your odds and sharing that information with others. The Christ Hospital is offering several opportunities throughout the month for you to learn about heart disease and share your own experiences.
Friday, Feb. 1:
Red will illuminate from the top of Mt. Auburn as The Christ Hospital tower, one of the most iconic and recognizable structures in Cincinnati, is lit red. View our video to learn more.
Friday, Feb. 1:
Join us in supporting the American Heart Association Go Red for Women Movement by wearing red (please continue to follow the dress code policy) and sharing the Go Red spirit!
• Hospital employees - gather at the Atrium staircase (A-level) at 10 a.m. for a group photo to show The Christ Hospital's Go Red Spirit.
• Offsite network employees—show your Go Red spirit by taking photos of your staff Going Red. You can email photos to Employee.Communications@TheChristHospital.com,
post to The Christ Hospital Health Network's Facebook page, or share on Twitter and Instagram using #ForThePursuit.
Friday, Feb. 1:
The Christ Hospital will be hosting its Second Annual Heart Health Fair in the A Level Atrium from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Fair includes:
• Informational tables on heart health
• Free screenings including blood pressure and BMI
• Talk with a clinician table
Friday, Feb. 8, 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.:
Hospital Auditorium – Join us in welcoming Margo B. Minissian, PhD, ACNP, a nurse scientist, cardiology nurse practitioner and clinical lipid specialist at the Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center at the Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute, who will be presenting “How to Create and Flourish a successful Women’s Heart Program.
Ongoing Activities in February
• The Christ Hospital Urgent Care is offering free blood pressure screenings every Friday in February to support heart healthy education during heart month. No appointment is needed. Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Christ Hospital Urgent Care is located at 4440 Red Bank Road, Suite 110 in Cincinnati. Call 513-564-1366 for more information.
• Throughout February all babies born at The Christ Hospital will receive a handmade knit cap in support of Go Red for Women. A team of volunteers are knitting each of the tiny red caps by hand.
• Throughout February Split the Pot tickets will be sold in the cafeteria to raise money for heart research.
• Throughout February, female cardiac patients will receive bags with heart health information!
• Join a Christ Hospital Heart Mini Team - By registering for this year's Annual Heart Mini, you will not only be participating in a cause that saves thousands of lives each year, but you'll also be bettering your own life with a new motivation, and tangible goal, to be active. Our aim is to have teams of 10-15 participants representative of each service line and/or department to reach our goal of $30,000 raised.
Register by clicking here and choosing "Create a Team" or "Join a Team" and make it a point to get active now and get yourself ready for your new goal, to walk/run in this year's Heart Mini on Sunday, March 10, 2019!
Be a Social Ambassador for Heart Month
Even if you can’t attend all the great activities or help spread awareness in person, you can still be an advocate for heart health and The Heart Hospital online. Everyday in February, we will be posting Heart Health content for you to read and share, along with some extra special partnerships within the community to spread the message even more!
• What’s in Your HeART Project - Heart Month Art Contest with The Christ Hospital Health Network
o The Christ Hospital Health Network (TCH) has partnered with four elementary schools from around the Tristate to participate in a special art contest to spread awareness about heart health during Heart Month, February 2019.
o Each school has assigned a class, grades 1-3, to participate, which will include scheduling a day/time for the students to draw/create art around the theme, What’s in Your HeART?, so our team can come to the school to video them as they create, interview a few students about the theme or ask them to read/describe their art, etc.
o We will feature one of the four schools’ video and photos of their artwork each of the four weeks of February, inviting the public to share their own art/photos around the theme throughout the month.
o Then at the end of heart month, we will launch a week of public voting, asking the public to “heart” the school’s artwork that speaks most to them, to help their favorite school win a $1,000 heart healthy scholarship. Schools will automatically receive a $500 heart healthy scholarship just for participating!
• Share your heart health story
o Throughout February, we are collecting stories from patients of The Christ Hospital Physicians who want to inspire and educate our community.
o We will highlight patients and their physicians, together, to help build heart disease awareness.
o Stories will be collected through Facebook and two lucky female patients will be chosen to receive a makeover from Go Red For Women and have the opportunity to share their story at the 13th annual Go Red For Women Experience on May 5th at the Duke Energy Convention Center.