How can I obtain records of my CME events?
Attendance records are kept on file for six years. If you are on the Medical Staff at TCHHN, you can obtain a CME transcript by contacting TCH.MedStaff@TheChristHospital.com with the following information:
- Date range of records
- Means of transmittal (email address, fax number, post mail address, etc.)
If you are not on the Medical Staff at TCHHN or are a non-physician employee at TCHHN, you can obtain your CME Certificate(s) by contacting TCH.MedStaff@TheChristHospital.com with the following information:
- Name as it should appear on the certificate, including credentials (MD, DO, PA, NP, RN, etc.)
- Activity title
- Date of activity
I am a nurse. Does attendance at a CME event count toward continuing education requirements for my license?
Yes. Events designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(TM) convert to CE contact hours required by the Ohio Board of nursing. Always
confirm with your board, for their approved education requirements.
How can nurses, technicians and other non-physicians obtain attendance certificates?
Attendance certificates are distributed by Medical Staff Services. Please email TCH.MedStaff@TheChristHospital.com to request a copy of your certificate within 2 weeks of the activity.
For what activities does The Christ Hospital Health Network designate CME credit?
- Live education activities (attended in person or virtually)
- Enduring materials (a printed, recorded, or computer-based CME activity that was developed by the provider and that may be used over time at various locations and which, in itself, constitutes a planned activity)
- Journal-based (includes the reading of an article, a provider stipulated/learner directed phase such as reflection, discussion, or debate, and a predetermined set of questions or tasks relating to the journal)
- PI CME
- Learning from Teaching
- Committee Learning
TCHHN's CME Committee reviews medical education activities to ensure all core criteria for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(TM) are met.
- Conform to the AMA's definition of CME
- Address demonstrated education needs
- Communicates to participants a clearly identified educational purpose/objectives
- Designed using appropriate AMA approved learning formats; credit is based on the format
- Content appropriate in depth and scope for intended physician audience
- Planned in accordance with the relevant CEJA opinions and the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support (SM), and be non-promotional in nature
- Evaluate the effectiveness in achieving its educational purpose and/or objectives
- Document credits claimed by physicians for a minimum of six years
- Be certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (TM) in advance of the activity
- Include the AMA Credit Designation Statement in any activity materials that reference CME credit with the exception of "save the date" or similar notices.