The Greater Cincinnati community has history. It has excitement. And perhaps more than anything, our community has HEART. That's why The Christ Hospital Health Network, Greater Cincinnati's Heart Hospital™ (that's us!), wants to encourage everyone to "Find Your Beat" during American Heart Month throughout February. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of both men and women, but it is preventable. Simple lifestyle changes can make a big impact when it comes to heart health.
So, how do you "Find Your Beat", exactly? You can start by educating yourself about your own heartbeat, and learning the warning signs, symptoms and treatment for atrial fibrillation (AFib). You can also join the #FindYourBeat movement throughout the month of February, by staying active and taking one of our FREE pop-up cardio-fitness classes at various community locations, or focusing on the music "beats" that get your heart pumping by sharing your favorite dance/workout song for a chance to win a great prize*. Check out The Christ Hospital Health Network on Facebook
and @thechristhospital on Instagram
all February long to get plugged in!
We are partnering with with gyms and studios around the Tristate for the pop-up cardio-fitness classes – so there’s something for everyone! In addition to having a blast getting their hearts pumping, participants can get their heartbeats checked by a health professional and talk to a cardiologist about heart health before or after the event. Join us for one or all of the classes:
- Monday, Feb. 3, 6-7:30 p.m., Newport Crunch – sample three different workouts in this mashup class featuring 30 minutes of Zumba, 30 in 30 (what is that?), and optional 30 minutes of yoga cool-down.
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 10:30-11:30 a.m., Clippard YMCA – join Amanda Valentine, former B105 radio personality and health/fitness enthusiast for a low-impact water aerobics workout in the pool.
- Monday, Feb. 24, 6:30-8:30 p.m., The Christ Hospital Joint & Spine Center – get your groove on at our Cardio Party-O**, an event that’s one-part workout and one-part dance party, led by Curvy Cardio owner Morgan Owens, and everybody’s favorite celebrity deejay, DJ Etrayn!
- Friday, Feb. 28, 10 a.m.-noon, College Hill Rec Center – join instructor Nancy Wilkins for a fun and upbeat line dancing class that will be sure to get that heart rate going.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, one in four deaths are caused by heart disease. But, it’s preventable and simple lifestyle changes can make a big impact! The Christ Hospital has had its finger on the pulse of Greater Cincinnati’s health for over 130 years. And our #FindYourBeat movement is yet another way we are striving to make sure that all the hearts in our community remain healthy.
* Prizes donated by supporters of the American Heart Association.
** This event will include a suggested $5 donation for attendance; all proceeds will go towards heart research at The Christ Hospital .