We are gearing up to Go Red in support of February as American Heart Month and the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women initiative – a program focused on educating women about their risk of heart disease and stroke.
Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of both men and women, but it is preventable. Fight back during American Heart Month by learning about the condition and the ways you can improve your odds. The Christ Hospital is offering simple ways for you to learn more and help build your heart disease awareness:
Friday, Feb. 2:
- Wear your Red Photo Shoot and Heart Month Kick Off Program (10 a.m.) - Join us in supporting the Go Red for Women movement by wearing red and sharing the Go Red spirit!
- At 10 a.m., COO Debbie Hayes, Chair of the 2018 Go Red Campaign, kicks off Heart Month with her vision for heart month!
NEW THIS YEAR - Woman’s Heart Health Awareness Fair and Go Red Health Expo (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Join us for an all-day health expo in Level A Atrium of the hospital, to learn more about the #1 killer, Heart Disease! Expos will include:
- American Heart Association
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Cardiac Rehab
- Congestive Heart Failure
- CPR Training
- Lindner Research Center
- Mended Hearts
- Heart Healthy Nutrition
- The Christ Hospital Physicians – Heart and Vascular
- TCH Heart Mini Kick Off – AHA Representatives will be throughout the hospital, ready to sign you up for this year’s Heart Mini Marathon and walk.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: Red will shine from the top of Mt. Auburn as The Christ Hospital tower, as one of the most iconic and recognizable structures in Cincinnati, is lit red all month long. Watch how we do it in the video at the top of the page.
- $1 Red Hearts will also be sold in the cafeteria every Tuesday and Thursday in the month of February
- Shop and Support at Joseph Beth - 10% of their sales on Feb. 2 and 14 will go to support heart health.
- Do you know how to survive a heart attack? Click and watch a brief video to learn why you should have a plan in case of an emergency.
- Throughout February we are collecting stories from patients of The Christ Hospital Physicians who want to inspire and educate our community. We will highlight patients and their physician to help build heart disease awareness, and the wonderful life you can lead after diagnosis. Patients interested in sharing their story during Heart Month are welcome to write a short paragraph about themselves, diagnosis, treatment and how life is now. Pictures are encouraged. Submit your stories to Jenny Collopy by Feb. 15.
- The Christ Hospital Urgent Care is offering free blood pressure screenings every day, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., for the month of February to support heart healthy education during heart month. No appointment is needed. The Christ Hospital Urgent Care is located at 4440 Red Bank Road, Suite 110 in Cincinnati. Call 513-564-1366 for more information.
- Vascular screenings to detect the risk of heart attack and stroke are available at locations throughout the Tristate. Screenings are noninvasive and take 15 minutes. Click to schedule at a location near you or call 513-585-2668.
- Throughout February all babies born at The Christ Hospital will receive a handmade knit cap in support of Go Red for Women. A team of volunteers are knitting each of the tiny red caps by hand. Watch the channel 9 coverage of this wonderful program here.
- Young at Heart Challenge: We are spreading heart health throughout the tri-state, by partnering with some of our local skilled nursing and independent living communities for 28 days of Heart Healthy Fun!
Catch us on the news!
The Christ Hospital Heart and Vascular physicians will speak about the importance of taking care of your heart on several news outlets throughout the month of February, including:
- Saturday, Jan. 27 - 7:15 p.m. on Channel 5
- Monday, Jan. 29 – 6 p.m. on Channel 9
- Tuesday, Jan. 30 - 9 p.m. on Channel 12
- Thursday, Feb. 1 – 9 p.m. on Fox 19
- Thursday, Feb. 1 – 11:50 p.m. on Channel 9