A Minimally Invasive Surgery Option using the da Vinci surgical robot.
Robotic-assisted surgery is a minimally invasive option for adult patients facing hernia surgery. The robot is a technologically advanced tool, but it is not automatic. Your surgeon will be by your side seated at a state-of the-art console. There the surgeon will perform the operation from start to finish. The technology includes:
- A 3D high-definition view inside your body for a
crystal clear & magnified look at your hernia.
- Tiny instruments that bend & rotate far greater
than the human hand. Your surgeon can reach
tissues from many angles to repair the hernia
- Enhanced control of instruments that increase precision.
The surgeon is 100% in control of the system, which translates his or her hand movements into smaller, precise movements of the tiny instruments inside your body. You are surrounded by the surgery team that monitors you during the entire operation.
Early clinical data suggests Robotic-assisted Ventral and Inguinal Hernia Surgery offers the following
- Reduced risk of chronic pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less narcotic pain medication
- Quicker resumption of normal activities
- Low rate of surgeon switching to open surgery
- Low rate of the hernia returning
Robot-assisted hernia surgery is a minimally invasive option that has fewer limitations than laparoscopic hernia surgery and can be offered to more patients despite their complex medical and surgical history.